Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to volunteer without supervision and must complete a background check.
All new volunteers must attend a new volunteer training. To view a list of upcoming trainings, click on the ResourceSpot above.
To schedule, contact our Volunteer Director at email@example.com or 815.765.2113
- Sidewalker - walks or trots by the side of the therapy horse, supporting the participants and helping participants balance and perform activities according to a therapist’s or instructor’s directions.
- Leader - guides the therapy horse during the session: weaving cones, directing the horse over and around obstacles, halting, walking and trotting according to the therapist’s or instructor’s directions.
- Exercise Rider - rides, conditions and warms up therapy horses.
- Carriage Driving - volunteers can train to work specifically with the carriage driving team, learning all aspects of this discipline.
- Administrative Assistance
- Barn Assistance
- Special Events Support
- Tack Cleaning
- Phone Coverage
- Facility cleaning and organizing
- Committee Service
- Educating others in your community about BraveHearts