Your donations make
our mission possible
BraveHearts will provide a donation acknowledgement letter for all in-kind donations with a description of the item(s) donated. For non-cash or in-kind donations, BraveHearts will not place a value on the item(s) donated and therefore will not include an amount in the letter. It is the donor’s responsibility to determine the value of items donated. Please be aware that as a general rule, in order to take a deduction for items donated that have a value greater than $5,000 an IRS form 8283 must be filed with your tax return and an appraisal prepared by a certified appraiser attached. If you are preparing a form 8283 and need a signature, please send the form and a copy of the appraisal to Meggan Hill-McQueeney at firstname.lastname@example.org
BraveHearts will provide a donation acknowledgement letter for all cash donations specifying the amount of the donation(s). This letter will also include a statement about whether you received any goods or services from BraveHearts in exchange for the donation(s), including the value of any such goods or services.
If you have any questions regarding the deductibility of your donation and the documentation required we strongly encourage you to contact a tax professional.
Other Ways to Give
- Click Here to give through a Donor Advised Fund – please consider designating us as a beneficiary
- Consider leaving a bequest in your will
- Give a gift of life insurance, stocks, excess retirement funds, pension plans or IRA’s
- Please contact your financial advisor with questions on any of the above ways to give or contact BraveHearts directly at email@example.com
- Check with your workplace to see if they have a donor matching fund or grant opportunities available