Adapt and Overcome
Donate to BraveHearts
It takes substantial funding to continue to run the operations at BraveHearts. Although our farms are closed we continue to care for our herd and run both our full- time farms. Thank you for your consideration to support us during this difficult time.
Due to the recommendation of our government, we have made the difficult decision to extend our closure until the stay home orders are released. We miss our BraveHearts family dearly and understand that being away from the farms is challenging for everyone. However, your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We will continue to send out emails and update this information as updates arise. We have launched various online programs to help interaction and further support our community. Please read below to see how you can stay involved with BraveHearts during these times. Together, we will adapt & overcome.
Besides closing our farms to the public, we have implemented several changes, listed below and how it will impact you:
- Full-time staff is working remotely
- we are active on email and continue to check our phone messages throughout the weekday
- 24/7 horse care continues to be provided to our herd of 43 therapy horses
- BraveHearts estimates losing nearly 500 sessions per week we are closed
Send a Love Mug
We know this is a difficult time for all. Support our farms and show someone you’re thinking of them by sending a love mug. Included in the mug are:
- BraveHearts Ceramic Mug
- Favorite Horse Fact Photo & Fact Card
- (2) Cocoa Packets
- BraveHearts themed word search & crossword
- BraveHearts Pen
Veteran Support Group
Our Veteran Support Group welcome vets currently participating in BraveHearts services to connect with each other in a positive, safe and social environment. Each call focuses on a topic of discussion allowing personal growth in self, well-being, and horsemanship. BraveHearts has also developed a Recovery Support Group, Telehealth & 1:1 Staff Calls along with several other veteran specific programs. To join us, click the button below to email Amber, Veteran Services Director for the conference call-in information.
Therapeutic Riding & Outpatient Clinic Services
Outpatient Clinic Services are being offered through tele-therapy. If you are interested, please contact Jen, Therapeutic Services Manager, by clicking the button below for more information. We encourage all our our families to stay involved by watching our “live feed” cam (see live feed cam section). Please contact us, with any questions regarding therapeutic riding or outpatient clinic services.
Distancing doesn’t mean you can’t help further our mission. Contact us if you are interested in volunteering with us remotely and share your talents with us.
- handy on a computer
- experienced in proof reading
- exceptional at writing
- a brilliant planner
- What are your talents?
Virtual Volunteer Training are taking place! Please contact Bre, Volunteer Coordinator, by clicking the button below.
Your assistance in keeping our cleaning supplies on hand is greatly appreciated. When shopping, consider picking up an extra product for BraveHearts. Items can be dropped off when farms reopen to the public. Donations may also be shipped to our farms. Send to: 7319 Maxon Rd. Harvard, IL 60033. Items needed include:
- paper towels
- toilet paper – 1 supply (we have a sensitive septic system)
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Magic erasers
- All-purpose cleaning sprays
- View our Amazon Wish List for more info!
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath – consult with a medical provider immediately.
- Practice Social distancing to the CDC recommended distance of 6 feed
- Limit travel to only necessary locations
- Seek support as often as needed:
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Hotline 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Veteran Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1. Text: 838255
- Contact BraveHearts email@example.com or call 815.943.8226 (we will continue to check voicemails)
"Live Feed" Cam
Weekdays 4PM-6PM CST
Tune in to see live videos of our herd every weekday from 4PM-6PM CST. You can watch the live feed by viewing the below or by visiting our Facebook page. Engage in the “live feed” by commenting on Facebook. The below will show as “this camera is missing in action” when it is not airing.